This is a national charity (formed in 1989 by the amalgamation of three established eating disorders charities) providing information, help and support for people affected by eating disorders and, in particular, anorexia and bulimia nervosa.
Details of local contacts in your area are freely available to callers ringing our National helpline.
EDA offers a range of services which include:
- A national telephone helpline.
- A UK-wide network of local self-help and support groups, postal
and telephone contacts
- A comprehensive range of information, including leaflets for young people.
- Membership which includes a quarterly magazine.
- Lists of treatment available in your area.
- A helpline and support service for young people.
- An annual conference for members to learn about the latest developments.
- A telephone counselling programme for people with bulimia.
- Training for professionals in health, education and social care.
- Aprofessional journal, European Eating Disorders Review, which provides information and practical help for professionals in all disciplines.
- Service Specifications guidelines for the treatment of anorexia and bulimia nervosa.
Last Year EDA Responded to and helped over 40,000 people:
- 16,500 people talked to our Helpline.
- 1,300 people talked to our Youthline.
- We dealt with 14,000 requests for information.
- We dealt with 3000 Members.
- 5,500 people used the Self Help Network.
[boxibt style=”success”]Eating Dissorders Association
103 Prince of Wales Road
Chief Executive Mrs Nicky Bryant
Registered Charity No. 801343
Company Limited by Guarantee No 2368495
Telephone Helpline 01603 621 414 (Weekdays, 9.00 am – 6.30 pm)
Youthline 01603 765 050 (Up to 18 years of age. Weekdays, 4.00 pm – 6.00 pm)
Recorded Information Service 0906 302 0012 (Calls cost 50p per minute)
For Further information visit the website: