FSID is the UK’s leading cot death charity aiming to prevent sudden infant death and promote baby health. FSID raises funds for research (over £8 million) into the causes and prevention of cot death, supports bereaved families and offers information and advice on how to reduce the risk of cot death.
- A 24 hour helpline service 020 7233 2090.
- A range of support services for bereaved families including leaflets, a telephone helpline and a network of befrienders.
- Information and advice on reducing the risk of cot death and baby health for parents and health professionals.
- The Care of the Next Infant (CONI) scheme run in partnership with the NHS.
The reduce the risk of cot death message is to:
- Place your baby on the back to sleep.
- Cut smoking in pregnancy – fathers too!
- Do not let anyone smoke in the same room as your baby.
- Do not let your baby get too hot.
- Keep your baby’s head uncovered – place your baby with feet to the foot of the cot, to prevent wriggling down under the covers.
[boxibt style=”success”]If your baby is unwell, seek medical advice promptly
11 – 19 Artillary Row
General Enquiries: 020 7222 8001
Fax: 020 7222 8002
24 hour cot death helpline: 020 7233 2090